Friday 19 September 2014

Fan Feature : Q&A with Ben & Priscilla Photography.

Today's fan feature is by,
Priscilla Jones of Ben & Priscilla Photography
Her images are so bright, colourful, and full
of lots of joy. 
Read on to learn a little bit more about 
Priscilla and her work.




Questions:
1. Tell us about yourself 

My name is Priscilla Jones. My husband, Ben and I decided to unite forces this year and do photography together. I pursued photography as a business last year but due to complications with our youngest daughter I had to take a break. We are a military family stationed at Wright- Patterson. We have 3 girls; Lily 3, Sofia 2, and Sarah 8 months. They fan our flame for photography. We recently moved to Ohio from Florida and we are so excited for the change of seasons and capture all of its beauty. 





2.How did you get started in photography?

I got my first point and shoot Walmart camera when I was 15. I was excited! haha then my husband got me my first dslr in 2010 after we found out we were expecting our first girl. I did it only as a hobby and loved just capturing special moments in our lives and our friends and family's lives. Then in the winter of 2012 I had a friend tell me I should really pursue it as a career and get into it. I researched and asked other photog friends about it and began my business in January of 2013. I am self taught and it was hard at first because I was labeled as 'another SAHM with a camera' but I was determined to learn and to grow and to become better with every session. I had a really successful friend tell me that many embark on the photography journey but not many continue it so to not get discouraged and just do me. That is what has kept me going when I have felt doubt.
Whats in your bag?

I started off with a Nikon d3000 and now we both have the D3200 with a 50mm lens and a 55-200 lens. 











 3.what is your favourite style of photography? We LOVE candid photography. Having toddlers we learned very quickly that our best shots were the ones they were in their own world doing whatever they wanted to do. Every time we have had to pose kids they end up in tears or very frustratred parents. In the end we tell our clients that10 years from now they're going to want to look back and see that special smirk your kid would make when you said something funny or their face when they played with their favorite toy. 








4. Is there any photographer you look up to?

Yes! We were inspired to do photography together by watching @ashleyandtoddfilms their work is so awesome and so inspirational.



Thank you Priscilla.

If you are interested in doing a Fan Feature.
message us on Facebook

No comments:

Post a Comment