Friday 12 September 2014

Fan Feature: Q & A : Melissa Avey Photography

Today's fan feature is 
Melissa Avey of Melissa Avey Photography.
When I first found Melissa's work it was on a local business site.
That was over 2 years ago, and I have followed
her ever since. She has an amazing way at capturing
not only the best light, but also
such emotion in her clients. 
Sit back, grab a coffee and lets get to know 
a bit more about this talented photographer.



1. Tell us about yourself
My name is Melissa Avey and I am a relationship photographer in Cambridge, Ontario which is a beautiful town about an hour away from Toronto.





2.How did you get started in photography? whats in your bag?
I got my start in photography as a kid when I would waste the film that was loaded into every camera. I got my first camera from a costume contest when I was 12 and from then on the fridge was always full of film. Of course my Mom's was in there often too...sitting for months on end lol
In my camera bag I have a NIKON D800, NIKON D7100, 70-200MM 2.8 VRII , 85MM 1.8 AND 35MM 1.8. I HAVE A COUPLE OF FLASH UNITS, DIFFUSERS AND OTHER LIGHTING ACCESSORIES AS WELL. Business cards, Cell phone, lip gloss, gum. Today I had a blue koolaid in there too. Yay!



3.what is your favourite style of photography?
My favourite style of photography is actually street photographer. It's interesting because I don't really do much street photography myself but I love looking at it. I really love Vivian Maier's work and of course I think Anne Geddes is amazing too. She has managed to maintain her style through all of these years and is still class and sought after for her art and knowledge. I find I don't really flock to one style. There are a ton of trends out there and every year a new one starts and everyone jumps on board. It's hard to find your own..I'm still having trouble with that especially with so many ideas and inspiration around. I'm big on change. 




4. Is there any photographer you look up to?
I like that. I'm really digging Three Nails Photography right now. And I LOVE Magdalena Berny! Facebook has been amazing in allowing us all to see so much amazing work. And 500px!  

                                  You can check out more of Melissa's work here,


We are always excited to get to know more about our fans.
If you would like to submit a fan feature then visit us on
Leave us a message and we will be happy to send you the questions.

No comments:

Post a Comment