Friday 5 September 2014

Fan Feature - Lovely Owl Photography : Anastasia Grady

Today's Fan Feature is from 
Anastasia Grady of Lovely Owl Photography.
I have to say, I think I might be her biggest fan.
Her work is amazing, and fresh. 
Her style is soft, and detailed.
I love looking through her page, and I am sure you will to.
Just look at some of her work below.




Tell us about yourself:

My name is Anastasia Grady and I am a wife and a mommy to the sweetest, smartest and most beautiful two year old I know! By day, I have an MBA and an awesome career working for a software company. By night (when my daughter is asleep and all the work is done) I get to be an artist.





How did you get started in photography? 

Since I can remember, I have had an unrelenting passion for visual art; it has long served as my outlet and allowed me to feel and understand the world around me. I adored taking pencil to paper to create something that not even the most talented artist could replicate, not because I was better, but because no one else saw the world from my point of view. 

For me, photography always felt bland and boring; it paled in comparison to the thrill I felt when completing a drawing. Thanks to a mistake by my University Registrar, I landed in a college film photo class. Unwillingly, I learned how to use my camera, about composition, about chemicals and photo processing. Slowly but surely, I found myself in the dark room during my free time. Hours passed faster than minutes while I developed rolls of film, giddy as each image slowly appeared on sheets of glossy paper. That was my "ah-ha" moment; I found the same familiar thrill admiring a finished print. 

Fast forward several years: I have especially come to love and appreciate photography since my daughter was born. As a parent, I have become acutely aware of how quickly time passes; she will never be quite the same as she is at this very instant. Photography has allowed me to capture special every-day moments and feelings. 

What's in your bag?

I am a photographer newbie. I have a Canon 70D and 50mm 1.8 lens... There is plenty of room for more :) 





What is your favorite style of photography?

My favorite style of photography is environmental, lifestyle portraiture. I adore the posed, propped studio photos we have of my daughter (who doesn't love a baby with a giant flower hat in a basket?!) but those are not my favorite images. My favorite photos are the everyday shots of us living our lives in the rooms of our house, wearing our regular clothes; those are the moments I love to remember. 






Are there any photographers you look up to?

As a new photographer, I look up to many artists. However, one photographer that I absolutely adore is April Burns Photography. Any time one of her shots appears on my newsfeed, it stops me in my tracks. 




Thank you Anastasia for the interview.
If you would like to see more of her work check out the link below.

If you would like to be part of the Fan Features, 
Please message us on our Facebook Page.

No comments:

Post a Comment