Wednesday 21 May 2014

The Photogs Behind {CLICK}STYLE

It is Wednesday, and that means it is time for 
a Wednesday Feature.
This week we are happy to feature 
Grab a coffee/tea, sit back and learn more about her 
wonderful work!



1. Tell us about yourself.
Hi my name is Sarah and I'm from Essex, England where I live with my wonderful husband, our two crazy sons, a Dash Dog, a Rory Cat and Charlie and Lola aka The Kittens! ... and hubby talks of getting chickens as if we don't have a crazy enough household. lol You can find out more about me on my website: www.sarahwhitephotography.weebly.com



2. How did you get started in Photography, what is in your bag?
I have a memory of when I was younger of going on a family day trip. We got about 20 minutes from home and I remembered we had left the camera behind so I made my Dad turn back and go get the camera. Unfortunately when we got to the place we were visiting as soon as I got out of the car I dropped and broke the camera.  Needless to say I am a LOT more careful with my camera now. Funnily enough that incident didn't stop my parents from letting me take photos on various trips and at one point even buying me my own camera. I have never studied photography and it wasn't until my first son was born that I became more interested in photography and slowly over the years I moved from a point and shoot to my first ever DSLR in 2008. Even then it wasn't until a few years after that that I moved off of the automatic settings and onto manual. I'm still learning and I am so lucky to have so many wonderful inspirations and friends to encourage and aid me.
As for what is in my bag (when it isn't out on the table somewhere!!) I have a Canon 60D (I upgraded the other year from the 450D), I have my favourite lenses my Nifty Fifty (50mm f1.8) and my 100mm f2.8 macro lens. I also have a couple of kit lenses, some extension tubes, some close up filters and an ND Grad Filter thingie that was a gift from my BIL who is also into photography which I'm still getting to grips with. There is probably a few packets of rasins and kiddy things. Oh and a black bin liner...



3. What is your favourite Style to photograph?
My all time favourite form of photography is portrait, I just love faces and eyes and capturing those moments, be it a loving glance, a cheeky smile or a tantrummy look. I also love lifestyle photography. Having over the last few years lost some very dear family members I have come to realise that photography has an important part in helping us to grieve and to also look back at the happy times. 


4. Is there any Photographer you admire or look up to?
I always find it hard to name names, not because I don't have any but I worry that I will miss someone out and there is always someone new to admire and be inspired by.

No comments:

Post a Comment