Friday 24 April 2015

Fave Five : kgPhotography

This week at {CLICK}STYLE we have the honor of having
Ken Gehring of kgPhotography.
His work is stunning, gorgeous, beautiful and full of soul.
I have been following his work for sometime now, and
each piece of art he producing is amazing.
You can also find him among a few FB groups, were he
has to be one of the most supportive kindness photog.
If you don't already know his work check out the link to his
Facebook page above.

Here is a bit about Ken, and his Fave Five.

My name is Ken Gehring, 48 years old and a father of 2. I have recently relocated to Benton, Arkansas. I have always had an interest in photography but never really pursued it until several years ago when some personal issues arose and I went thru a very difficult and trying time in my life. I had bought a Canon Rebel for myself and decided that I needed a distraction from all the negatives in my life, so I picked up my camera and started shooting. 5 years later, here we are. I love what I do.



My most favorite image is the portrait taken of my mother a couple of years ago. My mom has always been a strong spiritual woman and I can remember as a child hearing her prayers for us for God's protection. As and adult I still know, although can't always hear it, that she is praying for me and my family.


This image is of my niece Jessica, my muse. It was her beauty and drive to model that caused me to pick up the camera in the first place. We set out to change the world! Not sure that we changed the world any, but each time I work with her I am again inspired to create art instead of just portraits.


 This piece is of my youngest son Harley. It was the first time that I had shot him and at the time I felt that our lives were out of control and that I needed to do a better job of protecting him. We was dying to try on the gas mask and play with it so I grabbed my camera and shot a few frames. The sadness and lost innocence in his eyes is what drew me into this image. I have this image printed out on canvas in his room. Of all the images of him, this is my favorite.


This image was one of my very first "conceptual" shoots. It is my most celebrated image and was the shoot that got me noticed in the photography art world. We did hair and makeup for my niece Jessica and for our little model Kenzie. When Kenzie saw Jessica in full makeup and wardrobe, she got a little scared. We assured her and got some amazing images that days. This was shot at the end of the day and the wind was blowing fierce. She picked up the flowers and was standing in the wind and I shot a few frames. The resulting image was stunning.


This image is of my other niece Megan. She wanted to do something "fantasy" so we dressed her up and I took her to a local farmers pumpkin patch and shot our interpretation of Cinderella. It was my first image accepted by Vogue Italia.

1 comment:

  1. These are all beautiful works of art. I love everyone of them and the stories behind them.

    ReplyDelete