Wednesday 27 August 2014

"Learning to Swim" By Joy Alexander Photography

I can't think of any better way to start off our
{Fan Features}, then this wonderful series from,
Gina Cooperman of Joy Alexander Photography.
It comes just in time as a good reminder for us to look back on
all the fun, and things we learned this summer.
Here is what Gina had to say,

As a working photographer, those few times that I truly get to dedicate to personal projects are precious. The series "Learning to Swim" was inspired by my own kids who were testing the waters without the safety of floaties for the very first time this year. From that first dip of the toes into the pool, to the very first cannon ball, this project took on a whole new meaning as I watched them enter new territory...all from the water. As a mom and photographer, capturing it from beneath the surface served two purposes: It made sure that we all remember that sense of wonder and excitement as they grow, and it gave me an artistic outlet to attempt something I hadn't done before...
Photography is meant to preserve memories and emotions so that they will live on, long after they have been forgotten. These few showcased as part of this series, are essential childhood to me. Taking little steps into a great, big unknown...and, they are certainly memories that I want to live on and ones that I hope will not be forgotten.












Check out more of Gina's wonderful work here.



No comments:

Post a Comment